The HSE Program resides within the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE). One of the nation's earliest systems engineering programs, Lehigh's ISE department, offers several opportunities to pursue degrees that prepare students for employment and/or further advanced study. HSE is proud to be part this prestigious department along with these other graduate programs:
U.S. News & World Report 2019:
- ISE is ranked #17 in Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems Engineering (Best Grad Schools, among 92)
- P.C. Rossin College is ranked #61 in Best Engineering Schools (Graduate), #48 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- Lehigh University is ranked #53 in National Universities, #32 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
College Factual 2019:
- ISE is ranked #5 Best Industrial Engineering Colleges in the US (among 86)
- ISE is ranked #2 Highest Paid Grads in Industrial Engineering in the US (among 86)
U.S. News & World Report 2018:
- HSE listed as one of the best graduate program in 2018.
2018 ISE Faculty Awards:
Appointed as a co-director of the Lehigh Interdisciplinary Institute for Data, Intelligent Systems & Computation (I-DISC).
Appointed as the Editor-in-Chief of Mathematics of Operations Research, a journal published by INFORMS.
Tamás Terlaky, George Wilson, Louis Plebani
Awarded the INFORMS Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in Operations Research Practice for their work “The Inmate Assignment and Scheduling Problem and its Application in the PA Department of Corrections”. Read more about this accomplishment here.
Elected as a Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
Elected as Vice President – Meetings of INFORMS.
Recognized as a Distinguished Visiting Professor at Pannon University in Veszprém, Hungary.